I’m sorry that you had to see this pictures, but have you ever heard about the Surabaya Zoo? It’s the biggest zoo in Indonesia and it is, basically, a place for animals to die in the most horrible ways. They don’t have vets, they hardly ever clean the place, staff sells animal’s food, some of them are in really small cages…
You see the giraffe on the picture? It ate 20kg of plastic bags cause it was starving and all there was to eat was garbage. About 25 animals die per month.
The government doesn’t care about the zoo and ONGs have problems to release the animals cause most of them are not in healthy conditions to just go back to their true homes.
SIGN THE PETITION TO SHUT DOWN SURABAYA ZOO! Help to make a change. Reblog it. Post it on all your social medias. Invite your friends to join. Tell everyone you know about it.
just sign it. it takes all of 2 seconds. this is important.
The government of Uganda is threatening to pass an “Anti-Homosexuality Bill”. This law would mean a life sentence in JAIL for anyone who engaged in sexual act with anyone of the same gender, anyone who marries someone of the same gender, or anyone who touches a person of the same gender with sexual intent.This would also mean up to 7 years in jail for anyone who supports, aids or counsels, officiates marriage, or provides cover for gays.
The petition to stop this bill from being signed currently has 150,000 signatures. The goal is 175,000. You can sign the petition HERE. Every signature makes a difference, so PLEASE take the time to sign it.
PLEASE REBLOG THIS TO GET THE WORD OUT!
[TEEN WOLF HOODIE GIVEAWAY]
To celebrate the joyous beginnings of the filming of Teen Wolf season 3b, we are starting the year with a Teen Wolf giveaway!
We’ll be giving away one Teen Wolf t-shirt or hoodie of your choosing from curlyfries.spreadshirt.com You can choose from any of the Teen Wolf characters, styles, colors, and sizes. It’s all up to you! (Here for tee FAQ)
Don’t forget to read the rules:
- You do not need to be following vitalemontea.tumblr.com
- ONE LIKE, ONE REBLOG. (Try not to abuse this as if you do, the notes won’t be able to load properly and nobody will win).
- The winner will be picked using a randomizer and will be announced that evening.
- We will ship anywhere. Literally anywhere the postman would travel to :)
You’ve got until January 13, 2014 (11pm PST) to enter, so go ahead, get on it!
SCREAM I WANT ONE SO BAD.
Vote for Teen Wolf in the People’s Choice Awards (you can vote multiple times through Oct 31). Ex: Click on the TV category for “Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Star” and type Dylan O’Brien where it says “other.”
Guys, more important than ANY of this is that Blurred Lines is up for just about best everything in the music categories. Go vote for Teen Wolf, absolutely, BUT PLEASE GOD VOTE FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN BLURRED LINES IN THE MUSIC CATEGORIES.
On the left we have the lyrics from Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines. On the right we rape survivors participating in Project Unbreakable, showing the various things that were said to them by their rapist.
for people who are like “but it’s just a song…”
aaaaaaand this is why i hate this fucking song.
I hate this song. It’s been banned at the University I work at.
Alright, followers, especially younger ones, we need to have a quick talk. Some of you in the cosplay community may have heard of the very recent murder of a 15 year old girl who had gone to a 23 year old’s house in order to make cosplay, nicknamed the “cosplay killing” (a name I disagree with because the murder had nothing to do with cosplay itself).
You know, we all joke about how when we were all young our parents told us that everyone online was out to molest us, and we joke about it because we know that it’s far from true. That doesn’t, however, change the fact that there ARE people like that, and you should always be wary.
I’m not going to tell you to never meet people from online because in this day and age the internet is so prevalent that saying distrust everyone would be like saying distrust every stranger on the street, but I am going to tell you a few things, and they all boil down to being alert, smart, safe, and cautious. There are people out there who wish to do good people harm, and the internet is the perfect place for them to find victims.
- Every person you are meeting online has just as equal a chance of being your murderer as they are your soulmate.
- Never, EVER meet someone alone.
- If you do choose to meet with someone, always bring a parent or trusted adult with you, tbh preferably male. Even if they don’t hang out with you and your new friend, they should be no farther than a table away at any time. Always have a parent or adult pick you up and drop you off, never get into a car with the person you’re meeting.
- If you’re a bit older (like me, i’m in my 20s) while you don’t need an adult because you are one, it’s best to have a large group of friends with you, again, preferably with some males (if you yourself aren’t male).
- Never agree to go to a hotel room, home, apartment or secluded location with someone who you have just met. First meetings should always be in an incredibly public place with lots of people around.
- Always carry with you one of the following: a taser, pepper spray, a defense stick, a knife, a whistle, or if you have a conceal carry permit, a weapon. They should be someplace both safe and hidden, like a purse or bag, but also be easily accessible.
- Be wary of large age differences. I’m sorry, but it’s true. This mainly applies when one party is under 18, especially under 16, and the other party is above 20.
- If the person you are meeting has a problem with any of this (you don’t really have to tell them about the weapon, but for the other things) that is a giant red flag and you should NOT go to see them. A TRUE friend or good person will say “I completely understand” and even then, just because you’ve known someone for a month doesn’t mean you know who they are or what their intentions are. No matter how well you think you know them, a relationship formed online should be treated differently than a relationship formed in person. Never let your guard down easily.
Currently, we don’t know how these two met, but small bits of information going around suggest it was through an online cosplay community. Always, ALWAYS, be safe, wary, cautious, and most of all alert when talking with people online. This is especially for my younger followers, you don’t want your mother to have to go through what this poor girl’s has gone through in the past week.
The internet is a place that we’ve all come to feel safe at, but that safety is exactly what the evil people of this world search for when looking for victims like this poor girl, gone too soon. I would rather you look like an overcautious, untrusting person than a corpse, and remember that.
NOT A JOKE: Photos from Personhood for Women
Also, check out National Advocates for Pregnant Women, org that stands up for the rights of women (often the ones with the least means) who have no way of debunks bad science and challenges religious lunatics in courts.
I will be writing a sociological research paper about the effects of the lyrics in Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines.
Please reblog this if you are a female who finds the lyrics of this song offensive or upsetting.
The equal post for men can be found here.
hours later i expect this post to have thousands of notes.And triggery
100% support what this lady had to say.
Oh my god, This. This needs to be reblogged.
I am not tagging this. you all need to read it.
I’m tagging this, because I don’t want anyone to be triggered by this. But god, if you can, please read this
On the left we have the lyrics from Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines. On the right we have rape survivors participating in Project Unbreakable, showing the various things that were said to them by their rapist.
for people who are like “but it’s just a song…”
this is by far the most powerful photoset i’ve seen on this website with regards to blurred lines