Vote for Teen Wolf in the People’s Choice Awards (you can vote multiple times through Oct 31). Ex: Click on the TV category for “Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Star” and type Dylan O’Brien where it says “other.”
Guys, more important than ANY of this is that Blurred Lines is up for just about best everything in the music categories. Go vote for Teen Wolf, absolutely, BUT PLEASE GOD VOTE FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN BLURRED LINES IN THE MUSIC CATEGORIES.
On the left we have the lyrics from Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines. On the right we rape survivors participating in Project Unbreakable, showing the various things that were said to them by their rapist.
for people who are like “but it’s just a song…”
aaaaaaand this is why i hate this fucking song.
I hate this song. It’s been banned at the University I work at.
Alright, followers, especially younger ones, we need to have a quick talk. Some of you in the cosplay community may have heard of the very recent murder of a 15 year old girl who had gone to a 23 year old’s house in order to make cosplay, nicknamed the “cosplay killing” (a name I disagree with because the murder had nothing to do with cosplay itself).
You know, we all joke about how when we were all young our parents told us that everyone online was out to molest us, and we joke about it because we know that it’s far from true. That doesn’t, however, change the fact that there ARE people like that, and you should always be wary.
I’m not going to tell you to never meet people from online because in this day and age the internet is so prevalent that saying distrust everyone would be like saying distrust every stranger on the street, but I am going to tell you a few things, and they all boil down to being alert, smart, safe, and cautious. There are people out there who wish to do good people harm, and the internet is the perfect place for them to find victims.
- Every person you are meeting online has just as equal a chance of being your murderer as they are your soulmate.
- Never, EVER meet someone alone.
- If you do choose to meet with someone, always bring a parent or trusted adult with you, tbh preferably male. Even if they don’t hang out with you and your new friend, they should be no farther than a table away at any time. Always have a parent or adult pick you up and drop you off, never get into a car with the person you’re meeting.
- If you’re a bit older (like me, i’m in my 20s) while you don’t need an adult because you are one, it’s best to have a large group of friends with you, again, preferably with some males (if you yourself aren’t male).
- Never agree to go to a hotel room, home, apartment or secluded location with someone who you have just met. First meetings should always be in an incredibly public place with lots of people around.
- Always carry with you one of the following: a taser, pepper spray, a defense stick, a knife, a whistle, or if you have a conceal carry permit, a weapon. They should be someplace both safe and hidden, like a purse or bag, but also be easily accessible.
- Be wary of large age differences. I’m sorry, but it’s true. This mainly applies when one party is under 18, especially under 16, and the other party is above 20.
- If the person you are meeting has a problem with any of this (you don’t really have to tell them about the weapon, but for the other things) that is a giant red flag and you should NOT go to see them. A TRUE friend or good person will say “I completely understand” and even then, just because you’ve known someone for a month doesn’t mean you know who they are or what their intentions are. No matter how well you think you know them, a relationship formed online should be treated differently than a relationship formed in person. Never let your guard down easily.
Currently, we don’t know how these two met, but small bits of information going around suggest it was through an online cosplay community. Always, ALWAYS, be safe, wary, cautious, and most of all alert when talking with people online. This is especially for my younger followers, you don’t want your mother to have to go through what this poor girl’s has gone through in the past week.
The internet is a place that we’ve all come to feel safe at, but that safety is exactly what the evil people of this world search for when looking for victims like this poor girl, gone too soon. I would rather you look like an overcautious, untrusting person than a corpse, and remember that.
NOT A JOKE: Photos from Personhood for Women
Also, check out National Advocates for Pregnant Women, org that stands up for the rights of women (often the ones with the least means) who have no way of debunks bad science and challenges religious lunatics in courts.
I will be writing a sociological research paper about the effects of the lyrics in Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines.
Please reblog this if you are a female who finds the lyrics of this song offensive or upsetting.
The equal post for men can be found here.
hours later i expect this post to have thousands of notes.And triggery
100% support what this lady had to say.
Oh my god, This. This needs to be reblogged.
I am not tagging this. you all need to read it.
I’m tagging this, because I don’t want anyone to be triggered by this. But god, if you can, please read this
On the left we have the lyrics from Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines. On the right we have rape survivors participating in Project Unbreakable, showing the various things that were said to them by their rapist.
for people who are like “but it’s just a song…”
this is by far the most powerful photoset i’ve seen on this website with regards to blurred lines
NOW GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER TUMBLR THIS IS IMPORTANT. SPREAD THIS LIKE WILDFIRE. SIGNAL BOOST IT EVERYWHERE YOU CAN.What is Vivisection?
Vivisection is the practice of animal experimentation. This can include administering drugs, infecting with diseases, poisoning for toxicity testing, brain damaging, maiming, blinding, and other painful and invasive procedures. It can include protocols that cause severe suffering, such as long-term social isolation, full-body restraint, electric shocks, withholding of food and water, or repeatedly breeding and separating infants from mothers. Essentially, it is using animals in ways that cause distress and/or death in attempts to test the safety of drugs and biological products or of finding treatments, prevention, or cures for human diseases. However, results derived from the animal model are not valid or relevant for humans. Tens of millions (some estimate in excess of 25 million) of animals in the U.S. suffer, die, or are killed each year in laboratories for biomedical experimentation, product and cosmetic testing, and for science education.
Imagine spending your entire life as a hospital patient or prisoner – this will only begin to approximate the life of an animal in a laboratory. Animals in labs live stressful, unnatural lives of daily confinement and deprivation. They spend their life in barren cages, unable to exert their will, make choices, or express their natural behaviors and needs. Most never experience fresh air or sunshine, only bars and concrete. The only changes in their lives come from invasive experiments, which range from uncomfortable to agonizing. And they are helpless to defend themselves.
WE NEED 1 MILLION SIGNATURE FOR THE EUROPEAN GOVERNMENT TO MAKE A LAW TO ABOLISH VIVISECTION.
I’m not 18, so I can’t sign. But if any of my followers are, you need to go sign this now.
I wish I could sign, but I’m American. Please European followers sign this!
SIGN THIS RIGHT NOW
Fucking sign this shit right now.
1 note = 1 pixel for your fandom’s symbol (shown above) in an art piece I’m making
If you would like to see all of the fandoms, look through these posts
IF YOU DON’T SEE YOUR FANDOM, send me a message saying what fandoms I missed and I’ll add them
If you would like to know more about the project, read this post
FOLLOW ME TO KEEP UPDATED ON THE PROJECT/SEE THE FINISHED PROJECT